Why content will always be king
By Raels | 13 December 2015
Content is so much more than just words on a page.
It’s how those words are constructed, the tone of voice you use. It’s the design of the interface, images, graphics, and photos. It’s how you ask for and invite interaction. That could include forms, maps, or how your services are displayed.
Overall, it’s about the entire user experience.
We live in a society where generations have known nothing but computers. They were born on the web.
They are internet savvy and they expect you to be too. If you disappoint they’ll leave because they have so many other options available to them.
Some key tips for content:
- Pay special attention to how you look digitally. Visit your website often and sign up for your own emails.
- Don’t just look at your desktop computer. Check everything on your mobile and tablet.
- The browser you use is irrelevant. You need to ensure your site looks good in the various browsers your customers are using. Use your stats to find out the dominant browsers and set this one as your default.
- Use landing pages to engage key users.
- Ensure all your images are excellent quality and portray the correct message. A bad image will turn off masses of users before they have read a word.
- Ensure your content is updated regularly and that it has a consistent voice.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your customers to do what you want them to do. That is totally acceptable in the digital realm, and customers often appreciate being led.
- Create content that is easy to consume. Lists or a series of steps are great. Sometimes, leaving off content can be preferable on mobile.
- Create content that is easy to share. Your clients will share your content anyway, but if you lead that process, you get to be in control of what is being shared.
- Add brand building content. Allow your brand to evolve and have your messages take your customers along for the ride. When Virgin first launched in Australia, they were funky and irreverent, but now that their brand has become more sophisticated, so is their messaging.
Want more great articles sent straight to your inbox?
Join us and we’ll share expert business tips and resources that will help you love your content and grow your business.